Sunday, February 3, 2008

A sign of commitment

Stuff has story on a road sign that isn't actually part of the wine trail and points away from the general direction of the nearest vineyard.

I really like this part where Positively Wellington Tourism chief executive, Tim Cossar, says:

"But the signs are just part of our commitment to the trail as opposed to saying
there is a vineyard around the corner."

And while I'm on the topic of stupid signs, there is at the start of Lambton Quay on one side of the intersection (facing Lambton Quay) a 50 km/h sign and immediately opposite at the start of Lambton Quay proper is a 30 km/h sign. [If I was more technological adept I would put a photo on here - but I'm not, so I won't.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rather dumb...when I was last up North I noticed how there are signs advertising 90 Mile Beach even before you get to Whangarei - just stupid.