Friday, February 22, 2008

Today's emotion

is Despair


I have experienc'd


The worst, the World can wreak on me--the
worst


That can make Life indifferent, yet
disturb


With whisper'd Discontents the dying
prayer--


I have beheld the whole of all,
wherein


My Heart had any interest in this
Life,


To be disrent and torn from off my
Hopes


That nothing now is left. Why then live on
?


That Hostage, which the world had in it's
keeping


Given by me as a Pledge that I would
live--


That Hope of Her, say rather, that pure
Faith


In her fix'd Love, which held me to keep
truce


With the Tyranny of Life--is gone ah ! whither
?


What boots it to reply ? 'tis gone ! and
now


Well may I break this Pact, this League of
Blood


That ties me to myself--and break I shall !


- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

No comments: